This is an excerpt from Chapter 1 of my new, Amazon No.1 Best Selling Marketing book for Physical Therapists, “New Patient Accelerator Method: How I Scaled A Four Location, $1,000,000 + Cash Pay Clinic – In A Place Where Health Care Is Free (…And, In One Of The Poorest Parts Of The Country)
“Successful marketing for physical therapy practices follows 3 fundamental rules:
1. You have to be clear on who your perfect patient is
2. You have to say the right things to your perfect patient
3. You have to reach your perfect patient in the places where they are
The usual scenario in most clinics is to decide to run an ad out of necessity because the patient volume is looking low, or even worse, the local newspaper called and offered a discount on a spot in the health feature that weekend. Neither is ideal, and the reason why is because there’s zero thought ever going into the strategy about “who” is being targeted, what “offer” will be made to them, or even if the “media” used is where the ideal target market (perfect patient) is going to be looking.
These are the 3 fundamental rules of direct marketing success and they are all being ignored in favor of a time-sensitive need to fill up the schedule or a looming deadline.
The only thought is to make the ad look aesthetically appealing and obsess over the color, the position of the logo, the font size and type, and have a designer dress it up with some attractive images.
Let me show you an example of what I mean – and YES, this was one of my own from the early days when I was dabbling with my clinic’s marketing:
Having spent all that time designing it the ad now “looks” perfect, the clinic owner is certain it represents his or her “brand identity” perfectly, and he can be sure that when everyone sees the ad, the phone is going to ring off the hook.
Except it doesn’t.
Then what happens next is this: the business owner, still reeling at the loss of the $500 it cost to run the ad, (and the disappointment of being rejected, and heartache of being overlooked), decides that the solution to the marketing issue must be to change the color, change the font, and perhaps make the ad a little bigger, as maybe the reason that no one called was that no one noticed it?
So the new, bigger, more visually appealing ad runs. The business owner is even more convinced that they’ve got the “look and feel” of the ad right, and he is beyond certain that this time the phone will ring off the hook.
Except it doesn’t.
There’s rarely an attempt at ad number 3. Instead, what happens next is to blame the marketing itself (to cover up the business owners inept marketing skill) and a retreat back into the comfort zone of the old-fashioned methods of marketing (to doctors or past patients) that didn’t work back then, but now, because the direct marketing isn’t working either, appears to be the only option.”
…Continued on page 13.
Paul Gough’s Marketing book for Physical Therapists –
“New Patient Accelerator Method” is OUT NOW!
To get your copy go here now: www.paulsmarketingbook.com
NOTE: If you order it directly from the OFFICIAL WEBSITE (NOT AMAZON), you’ll pay the same price, BUT, I’ll be giving you some incredible bonuses for doing so… When you go to www.paulsmarketingbook.com – choose purchase OPTION 2 to get the very best free BONUSES that will come with your book including my Wealth Marketing DVD program, Free Facebook Ads PDF, and two months worth of the Cash is King Publication and Coaching CD…
Connect with me on Social Media – and use the hashtag #paulsmarketingbook when you get the book and share your selfie so I can reach out personally to say thank you!
- How Do You Avoid Becoming Another Average Physical Therapist? - 17th May 2019
- What You Missed At My Clinic (…Live Footage From My UK Physical Therapy Mastermind) - 13th May 2019
- My Sons First Two Goals on American Soil 🙂 - 10th April 2019
- Advice from The Greatest Showman (on Marketing your PT Clinic) - 28th March 2019
- How NOT To Market To Patients With “Core” Problems - 22nd March 2019
- Physical Therapy Hiring Book: “The 7, 30 and 90 Day Staff Onboarding Process” - 25th December 2018
- Hiring Book For Physical Therapists: “What Questions To Ask In The Interview Process” - 24th December 2018
- Physical Therapy Marketing Book: “11 Different Places To Post Your Job Ad” - 23rd December 2018
- Hiring Book For Physical Therapists: “How To Create A Job Ad To Attract The Perfect Candidate” - 22nd December 2018
- Physical Therapy Hiring Book: “How To Create A Success Description For Your Next Hire” - 20th December 2018