This is an excerpt from Chapter 9 of my new, Amazon No.1 Best Selling Marketing book for Physical Therapists, “New Patient Accelerator Method: How I Scaled A Four Location, $1,000,000 + Cash Pay Clinic – In A Place Where Health Care Is Free (…And, In One Of The Poorest Parts Of The Country)
“Giving your patients information to give to their friends’ works because it stops your patients from having to become “salespeople” for you. This is the biggest mistake most clinics make when asking for referrals – they are asking their patients to do the selling for them. Chances are patients are telling their friends about you, but they often say the wrong things (they talk about what happens and not the outcome you deliver).
Have you ever stopped to consider what people say about what we do? Picture the coffee shop conversation where a past patient is telling someone about you. The inevitable question is “what’s it like”, or “what do they do?”, and if your patient starts to say things like “well, you have to take your clothes off”, “he put his elbow in my back right at the point where it hurt”, or “he stretched my leg into a position it has never been in before”, they’re hardly likely to call, are they? Compound that by how much it costs and they’re very unlikely to call no matter how good your past patient’s intentions are.
They are saying the wrong things, which is why so many patients who tell you that they will “tell everyone about you” fail to get them to come and see you. They are simply saying the wrong things. That’s what this system is designed to stop, therefore significantly increasing the likelihood that the potential patient has an accurate understanding of what you really do. If they have a better understanding of what you do they will make better and more confident decisions to hire you.
So, the solution to more referrals from past patients is to give them information that they can pass along for you. The best part is, you already have it (from what you are using in your attraction ads). Now you just need to create a system whereby a patient’s friend, colleague, or family member can get it from you.
Think about what this would mean for your clinic: having someone who booked an appointment at your clinic today refer someone else to you within a few days from now. It is as close to “two for one” as you can get, and it really is an explosive way of growing your business, on autopilot, with as much leverage as possible, making it significantly easier for you to grow profitably.”
…Continues on page 170.
Paul Gough’s Marketing book for Physical Therapists –
“New Patient Accelerator Method” is OUT NOW!
To get your copy go here now: www.paulsmarketingbook.com
NOTE: If you order it directly from the OFFICIAL WEBSITE (NOT AMAZON), you’ll pay the same price, BUT, I’ll be giving you some incredible bonuses for doing so… When you go to www.paulsmarketingbook.com – choose purchase OPTION 2 to get the very best free BONUSES that will come with your book including my Wealth Marketing DVD program, Free Facebook Ads PDF, and two months worth of the Cash is King Publication and Coaching CD…
Connect with me on Social Media – and use the hashtag #paulsmarketingbook when you get the book and share your selfie so I can reach out personally to say thank you!
- How Do You Avoid Becoming Another Average Physical Therapist? - 17th May 2019
- What You Missed At My Clinic (…Live Footage From My UK Physical Therapy Mastermind) - 13th May 2019
- My Sons First Two Goals on American Soil 🙂 - 10th April 2019
- Advice from The Greatest Showman (on Marketing your PT Clinic) - 28th March 2019
- How NOT To Market To Patients With “Core” Problems - 22nd March 2019
- Physical Therapy Hiring Book: “The 7, 30 and 90 Day Staff Onboarding Process” - 25th December 2018
- Hiring Book For Physical Therapists: “What Questions To Ask In The Interview Process” - 24th December 2018
- Physical Therapy Marketing Book: “11 Different Places To Post Your Job Ad” - 23rd December 2018
- Hiring Book For Physical Therapists: “How To Create A Job Ad To Attract The Perfect Candidate” - 22nd December 2018
- Physical Therapy Hiring Book: “How To Create A Success Description For Your Next Hire” - 20th December 2018