In this episode of the show I talk to my staff about how to get comfortable with “demanding” and sometimes difficult to work with patients:
There’s always that one patient that comes in each week that everyone feels a little uncomfortable around. But it’s not just happening because it is YOU or YOUR clinic and it’s certainly nothing you have done…
It’s because every patient has a different personality type (one of four) and it’s impossible to NATURALLY connect with them all – especially if you don’t know what they are.
Most clinicians struggle with the “drivers” – the lawyer or CEO Type – who are a little more forward in their demands and their expectations.
Yet, I used to LOVE working with drivers. That’s because I figured what to do and say so that they enjoyed working with ME.
As I teach my staff, you can’t change the patients, but you can change the way that YOU respond to them and how you let them make you feel.
Watch the show to find out the four patient personality types here.
Also covered in this episode:
* Why being in control means you must give up control
* The different patient personality types and how to deal with them
* How to recognize the characteristics of the DRIVER personality types and how to work with them
* What specific questions to ask difficult patients to get them on side
* How to get demanding patients to “ease off”
* How to turn drivers into life-long patients you love to welcome back to your clinic
And so much more on this Episode.
This issue of struggling to deal with demanding patients is one that your staff might not want to admit to – so this video will make their day when you show it to them and help them get better at working with all of the personality types that pass through your business.
Check out Paul’s Best Selling Books for Physical Therapists on Marketing, Hiring and Selling:
For more PT Business Education Material:
Connect with Paul Gough on Social Media:
PAUL GOUGH is a multi-time No.1 bestselling author of The New Patient Accelerator Method, The Physical Therapy Hiring Solution, To Sell is Healthy, and The Healthy Habit. He is also a former professional soccer physical therapist turned successful clinic owner from the UK (a country where healthcare is free). He is the founder of the Paul Gough Physio Rooms – a successful cash pay clinic he started from a spare room in his home with no money down and with no business or marketing skills. He has since scaled his clinic from one to four locations, and zero to $1m in cash pay revenue and he now helps clinic owners all across America and around the world to get more cash pay patients using his proven systems.
- Violating Social Norms and Outdated Levels of Thinking - 22nd October 2020
- MORE from LESS: The Go To Strategy During A Financial Downturn (Like here in 2020) - 15th October 2020
- How To Confidently Sell Your Physical Therapy Services - 29th April 2020
- Telehealth: What Does The Future of PT Look Like? - 17th April 2020
- How To Get More Buy-In From Patients - 16th April 2020
- Telehealth: Have You Already Done It Without Realizing? - 16th April 2020
- Telehealth: What Is the Most Important Thing You Can Sell Right Now? - 15th April 2020
- Telehealth: Is A Marketing Funnel Needed Right Now? - 14th April 2020
- Telehealth: What Happens To Discovery Visits? - 13th April 2020
- Telehealth: How Will I Compete With “Big Box” Insurance Companies? - 10th April 2020