So what a great weekend we had here in “San Diego”…
I held another “Meet Up” – this time on the gorgeous Island of “Coronado” – and San Diego PTs did.not disappoint…
We had a table full of the best PTs (…and one very welcome Chiropractor) at the Hotel Del Coronado – some had travelled for miles to join us – and many made the most of the famous “champagne cocktails” on offer at sunset…
Here’s a photo that sums up the evening:
(Starring: Oscar Andalon and Chris Ingstad from the Carlsbad Area, Sean Kuhn from OB, Graig Gubello of Mission Hills, Ben Ramos of Solana Beach and Michael Caisse of Del Mar …PLUS, my two boys Harry and Tobias loving getting all of the attention from the girls… 😉
Now, what I love about doing these “meet ups” is that I get chance to sit face-to-face with you – my community – and the conversation is always so much more REAL when that happens…
And as I reflect on these evenings the next day, I always look for a stand-out conversation that I can share with you…
And on this occasion, I think it was the one, RE:
“Marketing for The CrossFit Open”…
In it, I spoke about the big-mistake that so many make when it comes to trying to Market to this community at this time of the year…
“To shoot from the hip”… as they say!
Meaning, that in response to an impending event – such as the CrossFit Open – a PT realizes that he/she should be “doing something” – anything – to Market to this audience to try to get some business!
Often, very little.
And nothing happens simply because there is NO PLAN.
Just a somewhat “bodged” attempt to put out some content in the week before and hope that it catches the eye of enough athletes interested.
And sure, it might.
But it’s not going to catch the eye of ENOUGH to justify the activity…
Better to PLAN it, 3 months in advance…
…and create your content and ads according to the “place” and “state” that the CrossFit Athlete is in, during the run up to the event – and then after.
* In January: the content/ads should reflect that the Athlete is in “serious training” mode and you may wish to provide advice that assists this or their speedy recovery.
* In February: your content should reflect the fact that because so many Athletes have likely overworked your content offers “last-minute” injury recovery tips…
* And in March: your content reflects the fact that so many will be injured, feeling over-worked or completely burned out – and you offer advice to help them over come that.
If you executed on that type of PLAN – one that builds upon its self month on month – do you think you would be more successful than all of the other PTs who will be “shooting from the hip”, this week??
(Of course you would).
The same goes for ALL your Business and Marketing decisions.
When you have a PLAN – you win.
When you “shoot from the hip”, you miss.
It’s that simple.
And there’s more on this topic on this new feature of the Podcast:
Click to listen to it – then subscribe on Soundcloud or ITunes to keep ahead of the pack.
P.S The Audio Experience you are about to listen to features just 20 minutes of an entire 3-Day Event dedicated to showing you how to create a 12 Month Marketing Plan and refine a Marketing Message to connect with your ideal patient.
If you want to come learn from me for 3 entire days – so that you can put an end to “shooting from the hip” with your Marketing and continually wasting time, money and energy – please complete the Application form on the next page:
MORE RESOURCES ON THIS TOPIC:
And when you listen to the podcast and show, be sure to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes and the show on Youtube, to be notified of the latest episodes.
For more PT Business Education Material:
- Violating Social Norms and Outdated Levels of Thinking - 22nd October 2020
- MORE from LESS: The Go To Strategy During A Financial Downturn (Like here in 2020) - 15th October 2020
- How To Confidently Sell Your Physical Therapy Services - 29th April 2020
- Telehealth: What Does The Future of PT Look Like? - 17th April 2020
- How To Get More Buy-In From Patients - 16th April 2020
- Telehealth: Have You Already Done It Without Realizing? - 16th April 2020
- Telehealth: What Is the Most Important Thing You Can Sell Right Now? - 15th April 2020
- Telehealth: Is A Marketing Funnel Needed Right Now? - 14th April 2020
- Telehealth: What Happens To Discovery Visits? - 13th April 2020
- Telehealth: How Will I Compete With “Big Box” Insurance Companies? - 10th April 2020