This is an excerpt from Chapter 7 of my second, Amazon No.1 Best Selling Hiring Book for Physical Therapists, “The Physical Therapy Hiring Solution – How To Recruit, Hire & Train World-Class People You Can Trust”.
“The Success Description is a move away from the traditional “job description” that is the norm when it comes to recruitment. With the traditional job description there is no focus on achieving an outcome, and there’s often a vague understanding of what success even looks like.
Skills are confused with features (such as “must be hard working”) and, more often than not, job descriptions are focused on finding someone with experience. Which, you now know, doesn’t always guarantee a great candidate.
I’ve said it many times; you can always spot an employer who doesn’t really know what they’re looking for – they’ll advertise for someone with “experience”.
They think it is a safe bet, but it rarely works out that way. They’re often just more experienced at stuff you don’t need them or want them to do.
This Success Description is a physical document that you’ll create, and then have with you, throughout the entirety of the rest of the hiring process. When I am in hiring mode, this document is never too far away from me; it is either in my hand or on my desk right until the decision is made.
The printed PDF acts as my guide for the questions I will ask, reminds me what skills and competencies I am looking for, as well as reenforces what problem the people I am talking to will be solving for me.
It’s easy to forget or get distracted during the interview, and this document stops me from doing so.
What is more, when the Success Description is complete, I can use it to create the job ad that I’ll soon be posting (that we’ll cover in Chapter 8).”
Paul Gough’s Hiring Book for Physical Therapists –
“The Physical Therapy Hiring Solution” is OUT NOW!
To get your copy go here now: www.paulshiringbook.com
NOTE: If you order it directly from the OFFICIAL WEBSITE (NOT AMAZON), you’ll pay the same price, BUT, I’ll be giving you some incredible bonuses for doing so… When you go to www.paulshiringbook.com– choose purchase OPTION 2 to get the very best free BONUSES that will come with your book including my Wealth Marketing DVD program, Hiring Resource PDF, and two months worth of the Cash is King Publication and Coaching CD…
Connect with me on Social Media – and use the hashtag #paulshiringbook when you get the book and share your selfie so I can reach out personally to say thank you!
- Violating Social Norms and Outdated Levels of Thinking - 22nd October 2020
- MORE from LESS: The Go To Strategy During A Financial Downturn (Like here in 2020) - 15th October 2020
- How To Confidently Sell Your Physical Therapy Services - 29th April 2020
- Telehealth: What Does The Future of PT Look Like? - 17th April 2020
- How To Get More Buy-In From Patients - 16th April 2020
- Telehealth: Have You Already Done It Without Realizing? - 16th April 2020
- Telehealth: What Is the Most Important Thing You Can Sell Right Now? - 15th April 2020
- Telehealth: Is A Marketing Funnel Needed Right Now? - 14th April 2020
- Telehealth: What Happens To Discovery Visits? - 13th April 2020
- Telehealth: How Will I Compete With “Big Box” Insurance Companies? - 10th April 2020