This is an excerpt from Chapter 10 of my second, Amazon No.1 Best Selling Hiring Book for Physical Therapists, “The Physical Therapy Hiring Solution – How To Recruit, Hire & Train World-Class People You Can Trust”.
“At the beginning of the hiring process, I am simply looking to rule out the candidates who have applied for the wrong job. I’m looking to narrow down my candidate pool, from the 20 or so, to the 7 or 8 who are qualified and able to fulfill the role. There is a difference.
I do this by “screening” the initial candidates on the phone. Whether I am looking for a physical therapist, a front of house/admin, an operations manager for my marketing company, or a financial controller, I always start by narrowing down the pool of candidates to ones that are obviously more suitable.
Key point: I do not do this part. I will ask someone in my office to do it for me. I’ll ask one of my front desk people to do it for me, as it really is about getting a feel for who the person is and what they’re looking for. What’s more, trying to get 20 people on the phone is a mammoth task in and of itself!
The time it takes getting hold of all these candidates is often underestimated, as you’re often playing phone tag with people who could be great candidates. I trust the judgment of my staff implicitly, and this is their chance to take part in the development and progress of the clinic.
However, you must not relinquish complete control, give the staff member an objective (find the best 7 or 8), give them a time frame in which to do it (i.e. 7 days), and give instructions for what questions to ask.
This whole phase is about finding out if the person who applied for your role and their career goals, match up to what you can provide them.”
Paul Gough’s Hiring Book for Physical Therapists –
“The Physical Therapy Hiring Solution” is OUT NOW!
To get your copy go here now: www.paulshiringbook.com
NOTE: If you order it directly from the OFFICIAL WEBSITE (NOT AMAZON), you’ll pay the same price, BUT, I’ll be giving you some incredible bonuses for doing so… When you go to www.paulshiringbook.com– choose purchase OPTION 2 to get the very best free BONUSES that will come with your book including my Wealth Marketing DVD program, Hiring Resource PDF, and two months worth of the Cash is King Publication and Coaching CD…
Connect with me on Social Media – and use the hashtag #paulshiringbook when you get the book and share your selfie so I can reach out personally to say thank you!
- Violating Social Norms and Outdated Levels of Thinking - 22nd October 2020
- MORE from LESS: The Go To Strategy During A Financial Downturn (Like here in 2020) - 15th October 2020
- How To Confidently Sell Your Physical Therapy Services - 29th April 2020
- Telehealth: What Does The Future of PT Look Like? - 17th April 2020
- How To Get More Buy-In From Patients - 16th April 2020
- Telehealth: Have You Already Done It Without Realizing? - 16th April 2020
- Telehealth: What Is the Most Important Thing You Can Sell Right Now? - 15th April 2020
- Telehealth: Is A Marketing Funnel Needed Right Now? - 14th April 2020
- Telehealth: What Happens To Discovery Visits? - 13th April 2020
- Telehealth: How Will I Compete With “Big Box” Insurance Companies? - 10th April 2020