As I write this note to you, I am sat in a McCafe, just off the “10”, enjoying a Latte, waiting patiently to speak at an Event in Las Cruces, New Mexico…
I’ve stepped out from the Event Hotel to break away and reflect on the last 7 days since I left the UK.
I have travelled from London, to Austin, to San Antonio and Las Cruces – and along the way, I have met some incredible PTs who continue to thrive in the awesome community that we are all creating for each other.
On the weekend before I left the UK I took to the stage at a huge healthcare seminar in London – sharing my new Keynote to a room choc-full of Physical Therapists AND Chiropractors.
(It’ll be on the Podcast in full, in the next week or two when producer Dan gets it ready…)
I got to meet up with some Amazing PTs in the Austin area…
And, I travelled in Dr. Jarod Carters car and talked business all the way to San Antonio and CSM to hang out with over 14,000 PTs on the River Walk.
We completed the “More Patients More Profits 2017” 3-Day Marketing Workshop where I had a “Boardroom” style room full of 15 of the best PTs in America, Canada and the UK.
It was Epic.
Here’s a picture of how it played out:
As did I…
Mainly, what I took from it is that there are a lot of *confused minds* out there over what Marketing actually is – and how it really works.
So many PTs are failing to recognize that when you Directly Market to a consumer, the person that you are talking to is in a completely different decision making place than someone referred to you via a doctor…
I believe this is just one of the reasons why so many PTs are trying faithfully – but failing to make Direct Marketing (and Direct Access) actually work for them.
If you are “dabbling” in the Direct Marketing process – you know, running a few ads here and there, putting up a one off Facebook Ad, shooting from the hip and taking a random-guess that your Message connects – then it’s non the wonder than the ROI that you want, isn’t there.
I’ve just spent an entire 3-Days (we ran over most days) teaching the strategic, step-by-step process that goes into creating ANY ad – and a detailed 12 Month Marketing Plan – so that they can use that formula on ANY media and expect to be successful.
It’s not about obsessing over Facebook or your Website – it’s about obsessing over your CLIENT.
I spoke at length about the absolute need to create “bridges” – or “trust builders” – that move people form a place of complete skepticism and the uncertainty that comes with investing in anything over $100…
….to a place where they’re comfortable in that decision and happy to go ahead with it.
All of this – and so much more – is a pre-requisite to understand and know how to apply IF you’re wanting to make your Direct Marketing a success…
And guess what??
Due to the stunning success of this Event – I’ve decided to add another to my busy schedule.
I haven’t 100% confirmed the exact location or date in May…
…BUT, all I will say is I’m very keen on taking my next US Tour up to the Viginia/Metro D.C Area in May…
I’ve heard that the Alexandria (VA) area is beautiful in May…?
Maybe the next 3-Day Marketing Workshop COULD be heading there….
MORE RESOURCES ON THIS TOPIC:
And when you listen to the podcast and show, be sure to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes and the show on Youtube, to be notified of the latest episodes.
For more PT Business Education Material:
- How Do You Avoid Becoming Another Average Physical Therapist? - 17th May 2019
- What You Missed At My Clinic (…Live Footage From My UK Physical Therapy Mastermind) - 13th May 2019
- My Sons First Two Goals on American Soil 🙂 - 10th April 2019
- Advice from The Greatest Showman (on Marketing your PT Clinic) - 28th March 2019
- How NOT To Market To Patients With “Core” Problems - 22nd March 2019
- Physical Therapy Hiring Book: “The 7, 30 and 90 Day Staff Onboarding Process” - 25th December 2018
- Hiring Book For Physical Therapists: “What Questions To Ask In The Interview Process” - 24th December 2018
- Physical Therapy Marketing Book: “11 Different Places To Post Your Job Ad” - 23rd December 2018
- Hiring Book For Physical Therapists: “How To Create A Job Ad To Attract The Perfect Candidate” - 22nd December 2018
- Physical Therapy Hiring Book: “How To Create A Success Description For Your Next Hire” - 20th December 2018