So you’ve done it. You’ve got your first Telehealth patient.
They’ve agreed to spend $200 to work with you, great, But now what?
If this were my clinic I would start with nine sessions. Three this week, three the next week and so on. But people aren’t going to want to do three sessions a week online. So what do you do?
What are the “rules”?
What do we do if we don’t stick to the “in-clinic model”?
Thankfully, Telehealth Expert, Juan Michelle Martin gave me some insight into what her plan of care was…
“For me, it depends on the patient that I’m working with. So, there are some people that might come to me that are very guarded and I might say, You know what? Here’s what we’ll do. We’ll do this evaluation session and then see where we are.
But then use that evaluation, to prime that patient, and then offer them that package. I usually tell people I need at least this many visits to work on these things. You know, typically, I see my patients once a week. I don’t necessarily need to see them because I’m not seeing a lot of post-op patients. But if I am, then I might see them twice a week to start and then, branch off to one time a week. But for those of you working with orthopedic patients, working with post-op patients, you absolutely need to be in there. You need to tell them, listen, they’re things that we need to make sure that we’re staying on top of, you know, they’re progressions that I need you to make. We want you to get back to this point and keep driving home those goals. Keep telling them, you know, we need to get you back here. If this is where you want to be, then this is what we need to do to get you there. And sometimes it’s just about leaving the ball in their court. If this is what you want, then what are you gonna do about it?”
Remember, this is a different medium then most of us are used to. So working with not only the clients’ needs but also with what they are willing to give is key.
Also, if you haven’t already, you can still enroll in my Telehealth Income Explosion program and get access to all content which includes every and anything you may have missed.
Just Click Here:
– Yes! I Want To Replace My Income With Telehealth.
And be sure to check out my Podcast where you can listen to these questions being answered, here.
Check out Paul’s Best Selling Books for Physical Therapists on Marketing, Hiring and Selling:
For more PT Business Education Material:
Click here to subscribe to my email list and I’ll send you more Physical Therapy Business Education >>>
Connect with Paul Gough on Social Media:
– The Physical Therapy Business School Podcast
PAUL GOUGH is a multi-time No.1 bestselling author of The New Patient Accelerator Method, The Physical Therapy Hiring Solution, To Sell is Healthy, and The Healthy Habit. He is also a former professional soccer physical therapist turned successful clinic owner from the UK (a country where healthcare is free). He is the founder of the Paul Gough Physio Rooms – a successful cash pay clinic he started from a spare room in his home with no money down and with no business or marketing skills. He has since scaled his clinic from one to four locations, and zero to $1m in cash pay revenue and he now helps clinic owners all across America and around the world to get more cash pay patients using his proven systems.
- Violating Social Norms and Outdated Levels of Thinking - 22nd October 2020
- MORE from LESS: The Go To Strategy During A Financial Downturn (Like here in 2020) - 15th October 2020
- How To Confidently Sell Your Physical Therapy Services - 29th April 2020
- Telehealth: What Does The Future of PT Look Like? - 17th April 2020
- How To Get More Buy-In From Patients - 16th April 2020
- Telehealth: Have You Already Done It Without Realizing? - 16th April 2020
- Telehealth: What Is the Most Important Thing You Can Sell Right Now? - 15th April 2020
- Telehealth: Is A Marketing Funnel Needed Right Now? - 14th April 2020
- Telehealth: What Happens To Discovery Visits? - 13th April 2020
- Telehealth: How Will I Compete With “Big Box” Insurance Companies? - 10th April 2020