I read a great little book at the weekend…
It was by the worlds Greatest Showman – PT Barnum (the original).
The book was about his Golden Rules for Money Making and I was pleasantly surprised to see that one of the Rules involved Advertising.
His exact line is:
“A business must be known
in someway (Marketing) – else how
can they expect to be
supported by customers”.
It’s very simple advice.
(The best advice usually is).
And yet, what you often find in the PT Profession is an idea that it’s ok to start a business and somehow violate the obvious rule that if you want someone to spend money with you – they must first know you exist.
There’s more and more money spent on another CEU/CLINICAL SKILL… but zero spent on how anyone finds out that skill even exists.
What keeps most clinics stuck where they are now is the erroneous belief that word of mouth will be their best source of people supporting their business growth.
But is it really the best way to grow?
I’d put it to you that if you’re two years into starting your business then RELYING upon word of mouth is the reason you’re stuck with a case load volume that has flatlined…
And, if you’re not at two years in yet, your current reliance on word of mouth will be the reason you will get stuck.
So what else can you do other than give out business cards and hope you get a call?
Well, the best place to start is with what you actually want to make…
As in, if you want to make $100k, start there and work backwards…
Plot, month by month how many phone calls you need to get to cover that amount and then look at how many calls you need if you raised your rates and/or increased the amount people spend with you.
From that point, and only that point, is it time to consider what marketing activity you should do.
Based upon your available budget you could consider something like Google Ads, Newspapers, doing a community event or getting to a 5K run.
Next, consider who is your perfect patient and then ask yourself if they’ll see you, if you advertise there.
All of this is called PLANNING.
It sure beats spending another day staring at the phone… hoping… wishing… praying… that those business cards you gave out will come to fruition.
And guess what?
Right now we’re giving away a completely FREE Marketing Plan Strategy Call to P.T clinic owners who want some help to first get a plan – and then execute that plan.
Go here to claim your free 60 minute Marketing Plan Strategy Call:
- Claim Your 60 Minute Free Marketing Plan Strategy Call With A Senior Member of Paul’s Marketing Team !
P.S If you want to take the express route to your clinics Marketing Success, look here:
P.P.S I think word of mouth is great – and if you’re good at what you do people will talk about you.
But, for that to happen, they must know you exist in the first place. That can ONLY happen when you sort out your
MORE RESOURCES ON THIS TOPIC:
Paul Gough’s Marketing book for Physical Therapists –
“New Patient Accelerator Method” is OUT NOW!
To get your copy go here now: www.paulsmarketingbook.com
NOTE: If you order it directly from the OFFICIAL WEBSITE (NOT AMAZON), you’ll pay the same price, BUT, I’ll be giving you some incredible bonuses for doing so… When you go to www.paulsmarketingbook.com – choose purchase OPTION 2 to get the very best free BONUSES that will come with your book including my Wealth Marketing DVD program, Free Facebook Ads PDF, and two months worth of the Cash is King Publication and Coaching CD…
Connect with me on Social Media – and use the hashtag #paulsmarketingbook when you get the book and share your selfie so I can reach out personally to say thank you!
For more PT Business Education Material:
- How Do You Avoid Becoming Another Average Physical Therapist? - 17th May 2019
- What You Missed At My Clinic (…Live Footage From My UK Physical Therapy Mastermind) - 13th May 2019
- My Sons First Two Goals on American Soil 🙂 - 10th April 2019
- Advice from The Greatest Showman (on Marketing your PT Clinic) - 28th March 2019
- How NOT To Market To Patients With “Core” Problems - 22nd March 2019
- Physical Therapy Hiring Book: “The 7, 30 and 90 Day Staff Onboarding Process” - 25th December 2018
- Hiring Book For Physical Therapists: “What Questions To Ask In The Interview Process” - 24th December 2018
- Physical Therapy Marketing Book: “11 Different Places To Post Your Job Ad” - 23rd December 2018
- Hiring Book For Physical Therapists: “How To Create A Job Ad To Attract The Perfect Candidate” - 22nd December 2018
- Physical Therapy Hiring Book: “How To Create A Success Description For Your Next Hire” - 20th December 2018